Unleash the Power Within is absolutely appropriately named. It is 4 days of unleashing that which lies within. Tony Robbins takes the stage on Thursday and we are held captive to his wisdom from transforming lives for almost four decades. He is a master storyteller and infuses lessons along with real-life examples of people he has learned from and helped over the years of being a personal transformation coach. He is vulnerable, authentic and genuine. You can feel how much he cares. He doesn’t just tell you what he thinks, he tells you what he KNOWS and has experienced from his work with countless clients. During our four days in New Jersey there were 7,000 people packed into the arena from 50 countries.
Tony uses very shocking language to trigger an emotional response from his audience and to produce a dynamic response. This weekend was about being authentic and brave and to really dig deep. Sometimes awful things that happen to you and it is f***ed up and not just bad. It was about getting real with yourself, no bullshit! This is not how I normally speak so it was shocking to me to hear this language coming out of me but I tell you, you can start using shocking language easily when you are going through this type of transformation. Don’t worry I am back to my normal self again. Lol!
So I sat down and expected to be taught lessons using my lovely workbook. What I got was so much more!
First of all, we sat for limited amounts of time, Tony warned us. We were jumping and dancing, high-fiving strangers, and supporting one another. We started off as strangers, but by the end of the four days we had become a large family. We have continued to support each other today via our awesome Facebook page. There is so much about the weekend that was transformational, but I want to share with you some kernels that transformed me.
1. Transformation happens in a moment…in an instant! (Snap your fingers). Some people think that it takes years to transform, when it usually happens instantly once something happens that gets you to say “No More”!!
- No more will you settle for less than the life you deserve!
- No more will you carry extra weight!
- No more will you be in a relationship that does not nurture your needs!
- No more will you be disrespected!
When you decide that you have hit the point where instead of saying you should do something you say YOU MUST!!
2. There is nothing wrong with you, you don’t need fixing. Tony doesn’t believe that anyone needs fixing. He believes that we only need to be jolted into becoming more of ourselves. Somewhere along the way as we start to change because of our experiences or because society or culture started to tell us that if we are not a certain way that we are broken and wrong. We stop dreaming! We stop having fun! We stop being who we truly are! We started to conform to what society tells us we must be and stop being who we want to be. When we were children we knew how to dream. We knew what it meant to have fun. We also knew how to tell the truth to others and to ourselves. Ever notice how little children don’t know how to lie? As we age we learn so many bad behaviors. Behaviors that take us away from the core of who we are. This weekend I tapped into that child that knew how to dream. The one who drew on the wall and loved to laugh out loud. I dared to be brave and bold about what I saw for my life. What I now have the talent and experience to create.
What are you ready to do? What have you been dreaming about?
3. If you change your state, you will change the entire energy of your day and eventually the trajectory of your life! We learned about The Triad. The three things that affect all emotion. Physiology, Focus and Language/Meaning. It’s all about the way you use your body, what your decide to focus on and the language you use. All three combined can alter how you feel about everything. We did an exercise to try it out and I encourage you to do the same.
- Sit down and hunch your shoulders and say “I’m am a warrior”! [Notice your energy and the tone, volume of your words and how it made you feel.]
- Stand up, hold your shoulders back and your head up and say it again, “I am a warrior”! [Notice your energy and the tone, volume of your words, and how you felt.]
Notice the difference between the two?
When you stand in the certainty with your posture in support and with words of strength, you absolutely believe that you are a warrior! You must do this EVERYDAY and with EVERYTHING in your life!
Watch how you go through life. Are you hunched over when you confront life or do you play full out with energy and focus? Be mindful of your language and the words that you use which can diminish your energy. Use words that affirm you and create the feeling of certainty in your body and for the things that you want to accomplish in your life. This is what I did to become a firewalker! I had so much certainty that I could do it and I put my body and mind in such a state that when it came time to walk, I had no fear or doubt that I could do it! I was transported to become what I envisioned.
If I can walk on hot coals, what else can I do?? What can you do if you are in the right state each and every day?
That’s why Tony makes us do it, to help us see that we can put ourselves in a state of certainty to do anything we envision for our lives.
4. People become tied to disempowering stories and limiting beliefs. We have all had experiences in our lives that have molded and shaped us. You probably have no idea how much you have hitched your life to your story. What controls your life is the meaning you associate to what happened to you in your life. It is shaped by your own psychology, in addition to your beliefs and values. Once you have assigned meaning to something, it creates a pattern of emotions that affects the way you cope. You may become tied to certain behaviors because they help you cope. But in coping you are living a life that is less than what you deserve. A life less than what you should be! During my four days at UPW I dug deep and I found my stories. In most cases, lies that I started to tell myself about who I am. I changed my story and now I say the truth. The truth is that I am….
What is your truth? You must find it so you can be free of a limiting belief and your disempowering story.
There is so much more but I will stop here for today. Over the next few weeks I will go further to help you experience your own transformation. For me it has been transformational because I was open to the process. I was ready for real and lasting change. You may not be ready to go there yet. Here are just a few of my wins!
- Since UPW I wake up in a great state every day! One of gratitude and joy. I am certain that my day will be AMAZING and so far it has been!
- I have kicked my new business into high gear. I’ve been back a week and I have three new paying clients and I am getting so much done for my business. I secured a new strategic partner that is going to take my business to a whole new level.
- I am transforming my body by doing T25 so I can have the energy to create all that I dreamed. Where I quit before, I have a renewed desire to succeed and I know I will. It is a MUST!
- I hiked up Diamond Head with my boys a few days after UPW. Quitting never entered my mind, even though I wasn’t feeling well.
- I am so much more fearless now. I squashed my limiting beliefs.
- It has even seeped into how I parent my boys. I’m showing them how to live with passion and boldness. We have gotten in state before we climbed Diamond Head and I catch myself calling them out on their limiting beliefs. I encourage them to reach for their dreams and to follow-through. I won’t let them make excuses.
Dearest I want you to experience all that God has in store for you. Being fulfilled is the best feeling in the world. Try out the homework. Be a kid again and don’t worry about how you’ll look.
- What do you have to lose? Only your old life!
- What will you gain? A whole new way of looking at your life and the courage to move in the direction of your dreams!
- Write down one thing you MUST change about your life right now?___________________________
- What are you willing to say “No More” to?____________________________________________
- What limiting belief do you have about yourself? What you believe about yourself. For example: I am not smart. I am fat. etc. Put yours here: _______________________________________
Instructions: Now get in a state of certainty by standing up with your feet on the ground, your head back and your chest out so you can breath freely. Say out loud with your fist held up and with power in your voice:
- I MUST change… (answer from above)
- I say No More to… (answer from above)
- The truth is that I am …(the opposite of what you wrote above)
How did that feel?? I would love to hear from you in the comments below. I am so excited to encourage you to go in the direction of your dreams.
Special Thank You: I want to say a special thank you to my friend Julia Burns for inviting me to share this experience with her and for being an amazing hostess! She was so generous and kind. We had an amazing time and it was exactly what we needed. I know I have a friend for life. Julia is an amazing lingerie and sportswear designer and will be launching her own collection soon. It’s possible that if you are a woman reading this blog, you may already be wearing a bra that Julia designed. Stay tuned for her launch!
Stay tuned for how I will be paying it forward next year to one amazing person.
Until next week!