Franka Baly Media is passionate about helping entrepreneurs, small business owners and organizations amplify their brands and create memorable online experiences.
MY SUPERPOWER IS HELPING YOU ELEVATE THE QUALITY OF YOUR BRAND.
I want when people interact with your brand they feel the essence of who you are, what you can do for them and why you do what you do because I know you only get a 0.5 seconds to make a great first impression.
On a Quest to Make a Difference
Franka Baly is the CEO of Franka Baly Media, LLC. She has over 20 years of experience in the technology field as a User Experience Designer, Instructional Designer and Brand Strategist. She has designed the user interface of million dollar products for Fortune 500 companies such as Compaq Computer Corporation, Hewlett Packard, AIG, and Pason Systems. In her 20+ years in the technology industry she has designed, tested, and trained thousands of users to better utilize hardware and software products to do their jobs. An early adopter of the Web, Franka has created hundreds of websites for medium and small business owners and has taught them how to brand or re-brand their company to attract their target customers on the Web, one of her passions. Today through her blog she teaches hundreds of entrepreneurs how to utilize online tools and technology to manage and grow their businesses and brands.
Franka was featured in Who’s Who in Black Houston, was the Chrysalis Award recipient for Success in the City and a YMCA Minority Achiever, she has also won numerous corporate awards for her willingness to go the extra mile. She has been featured in national and local publications such as Black Enterprise, Houston Woman Magazine, Houston Business Journal, and The Houston Chronicle. Franka also believes in giving back and has taught Microsoft Office classes to men and women in underserved communities such as Settegast Heights and in the Greater Fifth Ward Community. In addition, she wrote grants to obtain funds for a Summer and Theater Arts Programs for at-risk youth as the Operations Manager at the Prince Complex.
Franka received her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston and a Master’s degree from Prairie View A & M University. She is also a Certified Personal and Executive Life Coach who’s been trained at the CaPP Institute.
Born in Trinidad but raised on the beautiful island of St. Croix, Franka is also the mother of active twin boys. Read some of her articles and tips for business owners at frankabaly.com.
Things you may not know about me
Crazy about music. I listen to music everyday and often while I’m designing. I love all types from jazz to old school rap to classical music. You can find me grooving to Jill Scott, India Arie, Dwele, Boney James, Coltrane, Donny Hathaway, Kirk Franklin, Michael McDonald or Bach. The older I get, the more I appreciate the the meaning behind the words and their power to move my soul.
I love the quirky. I love the old, but I also love the new. I’m a city girl at heart but I love the water (my island upbringing). Love beautiful, classic architecture or modern art. So you see, I’m one diverse chica!
Quest for adventure. Love traveling and experiencing new cultures. Especially how they define success, experience joy, demonstrate love, and honor death.
Some of my adventures:
- I’ve flown over the splendorous Grand Canyon in a small plane (Nevada)
- Climbed to the highest spot on the Eiffel Tower (Paris, France)
- Looked into the eyes of the Mona Lisa (The Louvre, France)
- Drove at over 100 miles an hour on the Autobahn (Germany)
- Tried to make the guards laugh at Buckingham Palace (London)
- Threw flowers over the watery grave of the brave soldiers at Pearl Harbor (Hawaii)
- Hiked up Diamond Head (Hawaii) and to an ancient castle in Port Grimaud (France)
- Chanted in Polish at a Euro soccer game (France)
- Rode a donkey in Puerta Villarta to an amazing waterfall (Mexico)
- Climbed a waterfall (Dunns River Falls, Jamaica)
- Trekked all over Banff looking for the perfect waterfall (Canada)
- Swam with a baby shark (Bahamas)
- Hiked up and down snow trails in Breckenridge (Colorado)
- Drove down Scenic Highway 1 from Monterey to San Francisco (California)
- Danced merengue and salsa at a wedding in Old San Juan (Puerto Rico)
- Picked cashews and danced to calypso music (Trinidad)
- Caught the perfect sunset on Haypenny Beach (St. Croix, USVI)
I’ve truly lived!
My motto is: Die Empty! Use all the gifts and talents God gave me so I can make the world a better place.